Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Blogging hiatus

I have not posted in quite some time! It is not because I haven't thought of it, I just don't feel like I have had the time. I have been busy in life and I have been busy scrapbooking. I took a couple of class at Scrap in Style and I am taking a 12 week course over at Big Picture Scrapbooking with Cathy Zielske. In the class I am scrapping in ways that are typically not my style, but I am learning to embrace change. I like that her style is more linear and graphic than mine tends to be and as a result often allows you to get more pictures on a page. Also, I have not done a two page layout in FOREVER, and since being in her class I have done 2. Up till now I had never done an 8 1/2 x 11 page either, now I've done 3! I am just breaking out of my "scrappin' box" big time and will hopefully be learning some great fundamentals of design along the way.
The first layout is one I did with my homeys for our Elsie Recipe Challenge Blog.


This next one is digi. It documents a very special day for my husband this last summer.


The rest of these are layouts that I have done for my class.
This one is supposed to represent why I scrapbook.

This one is some pic's of my kids playing on a playground that I played at when I was a child. These are the same toys from when I was little, nothing has changed. It made me feel a little nostalgic to see my children playing on them.

This is from an excursion we took up to Apple Hill this past weekend.

These are from our vacation this summer to San Diego. We went to Balboa Park and I was in love the architecture, so I took lots of pictures of buildings. I am glad that I was able to incorporate them onto a page.

For this one I used and old photo of my family and a quote I read on Ali E's blog. It completely captures the essence of why I love to scrapbook.
Here is the quote:

Mary Jean Iron : Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return.


Thanks for reading. I hope that you are having a beautiful, "normal" day.

~Tricia

4 comments:

DeAnna said...

Nice layouts missy!! They look great. Blog looks good too. Nice updates!!

Anonymous said...

Wow-zer! I'm so impressed! Way to be so productive. I must say though, in a week that I am longing for California, those pics made me miss it all even more...Dave and our double dates...Tanner is hysterical on that "horse" and Peyton is too beautiful.

Jen said...

you go, girlfriend!!!
love them all.
i will just live vicariously through you and your scrappiness.
:D

gretchen owens said...

you are on a ROLL...love those pages...love that you are taking classes...love that you are getting more than one photo on a page...i need to work more on that.

great pages!

 

blogger templates |