Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Palmetto Summer reveal!

Yesterday was reveal day at Citrus Tree Studio for 2 fabulous kits! The first is called"Port Townsend" and is full of Pink Paislee "365 Degrees" goodness.
The second is called "Palmetto Summer" and is the kit that I had the pleasure of working with this month. It too is jam packed with Pink Paislee's "Queen Bee" line and is absolutely drool worthy!
I also got to use a canvas by Canvas Home Basics, our Spotlight Product, with this months kit. These canvases are more of a neutral tone than your typical canvas and have a very organic texture to them.


Here is the project I made with the 8x8 canvas. To begin with, I primed the canvas and painted it with 3 different colors. After that I tore pieces of the patterned paper, inked them, then adhered them to the canvas with gel medium. I added glue to the metal butterfly and the chipboard frame then sprinkled them with glass glitter. Once everything was dry I used some charcoal pencils and oil pastels to add more texture and depth to the canvas. Lastly, I layered some flowers added my photo to the frame and voila'!


This layout is about my not so little, little ones. No, they don't always get along but they really do have each others backs a majority of the time. The journaling reads: "Even though you fight once in awhile, you get along quite well most of the time. I love it when I catch the two of you being kind and helping each other out. It warms my heart and gives me hope for the future."



The color on this top photo is a bit off. For the life of me I couldn't get it right! ugh Anyways, this one was to celebrate my favorite season of the year with some photographs of some of my favorite flowers.



I still have stuff left over from this kit and plan on using up every last bit of it! Thanks for coming by and taking a looksy. :-)

3 comments:

Jen said...

cannot tell you how long it has been since i have scrapped!!! :O)
sad thing is, now, i don't even have a dedicated space for my stuff! :(
loveliness as always, my dear!!!
I <3 U!!!

DeAnna said...

Your stuff is so magazine worthy. Well, if there were any left out there! LOL!!! Your canvas rocks BIG time. Lovely stuff missy.

kitsNbits said...

beautiful work !!! love the canvas

 

blogger templates |